Entries, Rules and Regulations, and Judging
Arts and Craft Entries
- Bring items to the Chesterfield County Fairgrounds Arts & Crafts Bldg. on Thursday, August 22, 2019 between 3-8 p.m.
- Exhibitors must enter through Gate 1 off Krause Road and exit through Gate 4.
- Do not block any road way - No vehicles are permitted on the midway.
- Judging is closed to the public and begins Friday, August 23, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Fair opens to the public August 23, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- All items must be removed Sunday, September 1, 2019 between 2-4 p.m.
Watermelon Contest Entries
- Bring your home grown watermelon to the Fairgrounds on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
- Exhibits will be accepted at the Arts & Crafts Building from 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Signage will be posted at the Fairgrounds entrance directing contestants where to go. Entries will not be received except during these times.
- The contest itself will start at 6:30 p.m. in the Arts & Crafts Building.
- The Fair opens at 5 p.m. so bring your family and friends to cheer you on!
- The watermelons entered in the contest will remain on display for the duration of the Fair without exception and may be picked up on Sunday, September 1, 2019 (2-4 p.m.).
Judging Rules and Regulations
- Competition is open to all interested parties.
- 4-H Club members will be allowed to make exhibits in open classes.
- All exhibitors are required to deliver their items on Thursday, August 22, 2019 from 3 PM to 8 PM.
- Exhibitors are to remove items entered for judging on Sunday, September 1, 2019, from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- No person or organization will be paid for an exhibit taken down before the stated hour.
- All entries in all departments must be the work of the exhibitor.
- Farm crops, vegetables, flowers, etc. must have been grown and prepared under the personal supervision of the exhibitor.
- All entries must have been made, grown, produced, drawn etc. during the past year (except quilts). Quilts must have been completed during the past year.
- No professionals will be allowed into competition in a department which is associated with their profession, except in Department A.
- A professional is a person who makes items for sale or who teaches others for profit.
- Exhibitors will report to the superintendent of each department who will assign space.
- The superintendent will present the items to the judges and make the proper entry of prize winners.
- No exhibit will receive more than one monetary prize.
- No awards will be made on any except creditable exhibits in all departments.
- The Association will secure the best judges obtainable and they will be experts in their line.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- The Association reserves the right to withhold prizes if fraud, deception or interference with the judges is attempted.
- Awards for entries will be designated as follows: first place – blue ribbon; second place – red ribbon; third place – white ribbon.
- Judging will begin on Friday, August 23, 2019 as close to 9 AM as possible at the discretion of the Superintendent.
- Ribbons will be placed by the judges at the time of judging in each department.
- The Association assumes no responsibility for damage or loss to exhibits from any cause whatsoever.
- The Association will provide sufficient security from Thursday, August 22, 2019 starting at 8 PM through Sunday, September 1, 2019 until 4 PM.