Process, Details and Information
"The Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Scholarship Award"
Number of Awards
The Board of Directors will determine the number of awards based on the budget.
The awards will be up to $1,000.00 each.
The candidate must submit an application provided by the Scholarship Committee.
The candidate must have maintained at least a "C " average during high school or obtained a similar passing score on any test of qualification for the GED.
There will be a place for listing participation in leadership activities in school and the community on the scholarship application.
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Chesterfield County.
Membership in CCFA
Although membership in the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. is not required of the applicant or an immediate family member, preference will be given to actual members of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Lesser preference will be given to applicants who have an immediate family member who is a member of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.
Participation in CCFA
Although participation in assisting the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. to put on the annual county fair is not required of the applicant, preference will be given to those who have helped with the fair.
The candidate must be a graduating senior in high school or have been awarded a GED within a year of submission of their application.
An applicant may be any age as long as they are a graduating high school senior or not more than a year has passed between receiving their GED and applying for the scholarship.
Awards will not be renewable. They are a one-time only award per recipient.
The Board of Directors of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. is requested to budget funding for the scholarships based on the number of scholarships approved by the Board up to $1,000.00 per scholarship.
The Treasurer of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. will manage and disburse the scholarship funds to the college or trade school the recipient will be attending.
Payment of the Award
Payment of the award will be made to the institution where the recipient has enrolled to be used for the cost of tuition, books and fees. This will include room and board if the institution provides housing.
- Applications must be received between January 15th and April 15th of the year for which the award is to be made.
- Application forms for the scholarship will be developed and/or modified by the Scholarship Committee.
- Applications will be the same for all applicants for a given year.
- Applications are to be mailed to:
Chesterfield Co. Fair Association
PO Box 801
Chesterfield, Va 23832-9998
- A completed application must be received by the chairman of the Scholarship Committee by April 15th, 2021.
- The application form, and other materials must be submitted at one time except for the school transcript copy; which may be submitted by the applicant's school.
- A certified transcript is not required but it must be the most current transcript available.
Application Selection Process
- The Scholarship Committee will maintain and award scholarships for the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.
- The Scholarship Committee will be composed of 4 or 5 members including the chairman.
- At least one member of the Scholarship Committee must be on the Board of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.
- Each member of the Scholarship Committee must be a member of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.
- Each member of the Scholarship Committee will review the scholarship applications.
- Selection of a particular applicant for a scholarship award will not be made by a family member of that applicant. If a Scholarship Committee member has a family member submit an application, the Scholarship Committee member will be replaced on the committee.
- The Scholarship Committee Chairman will make decisions on how many meetings are needed to make the necessary choices to award scholarships and when and where these meetings will take place. The Scholarship Chairman will return all necessary information/documents to an officer of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. at the conclusion of the committee's work for that year.
- Decisions on the award of scholarships will be made as soon as possible after the application deadline.
- The Scholarship Committee may choose to award no scholarships in a given year if qualified candidates are not found.
- The Scholarship Committee may choose to withdraw an award made to a high school senior if that senior does not graduate with at least a "C" average.