Process, Details and Information
The Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Scholarship Award
The Scholarship Committee determines the number of awards based on the budget approved by the board. The awards will be up to $2,000 each and are non-renewable.
The candidate must submit the application provided. The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Chesterfield County.
The candidate must have a "C" average (2.0) or above as shown on their most current transcript available or obtained a similar passing score on any test of qualification for the GED.
The candidate must be a graduating senior in high school or have been awarded a GED within a year of submission of their application.
Membership in CCFA
Although membership in the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. is not required of the applicant, preference will be given to applicants who are actual members of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Lesser preference will be given to applicants who have an immediate family member who is a member of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.
Participation in CCFA
Although participation is not required of the applicant in assisting the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. to put on the annual county fair, preference will be given to those who have helped with the fair.
Payment of the Award
Payment of the award will be made directly to the institution where the recipient has enrolled to be used for the cost of tuition, books and fees. This could include room and board if the institution provides housing. The Treasurer of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. will manage and disburse the scholarship funds to the college or trade school the recipient will be attending.
Scholarship money must be claimed for disbursement to the designated school within 2 years of the award. Should the funds not be claimed within the given time frame, the money will be returned to the CCFA general funds.
Scholarship winners may be asked to provide a photo and short biography for inclusion on our website and at the annual fair.
- Completed applications must be received/postmarked between January 15th and April 15thof the year for which the award is to be made.
- Applications may be filled out online and then saved and printed for submission via mail or email.
- Applications may be mailed to:
Chesterfield Co. Fair Association
PO Box 801
Chesterfield, VA 23832-9998
ATTN: SCHOLARSHIP CHAIR
- Or applications may be emailed to:
- The application form and other materials must be submitted at one time except for the school transcript copy, which may be submitted by the applicant's school or other entity such as Parchment.com.
- A certified transcript is not required but it must be the most current transcript available.