Application submission period is now closed!
The Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Scholarship Award
Submit a Scholarship Application. Completed applications must be received/postmarked between Jan. 15 and April 15 of the year for which the award is to be made. The application form and other materials must be submitted at one time except for the school transcript copy, which may be submitted by the applicant's school or other entity such as Parchment.com. A certified transcript is not required but it must be the most current transcript available.
Applications may be filled out online and then emailed or saved and printed for submission via mail.
Chesterfield Co. Fair Association
PO Box 801
Chesterfield, VA 23832-9998
ATTN: SCHOLARSHIP CHAIR
The Scholarship Committee determines the number of awards based on the budget approved by the board. The awards will be up to $2,000 each and are non-renewable.
The candidate must submit the application provided. The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Chesterfield County.
The candidate must have a "C" average (2.0) or above as shown on their most current transcript available or obtained a similar passing score on any test of qualification for the GED.
The candidate must be a graduating senior in high school or have been awarded a GED within a year of submission of their application.
Membership in CCFA
Although membership in the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. is not required of the applicant, preference will be given to applicants who are actual members of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Lesser preference will be given to applicants who have an immediate family member who is a member of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.
Participation in CCFA
Although participation is not required of the applicant in assisting the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. to put on the annual county fair, preference will be given to those who have helped with the fair.
Payment of the Award
Payment of the award will be made directly to the institution where the recipient has enrolled to be used for the cost of tuition, books, and fees. This could include room and board if the institution provides housing. The Treasurer of the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. will manage and disburse the scholarship funds to the college or trade school the recipient will be attending.
Scholarship money must be claimed for disbursement to the designated school within 2 years of the award. Should the funds not be claimed within the given time frame, the money will be returned to the CCFA general funds.
Scholarship winners may be asked to provide a photo and short biography for inclusion on our website and at the annual fair.
Congratulations to the 2022 Scholarship Winners
- Nadara Hudson – Clover Hill High School ($1500 Scholarship and Pair of Kings Dominion Passes)
- Brooklyn Jones - Meadowbrook High School ($1000 Scholarship)
- Andrea Farag - Thomas Dale High School ($1000 Scholarship)
- Laura Marshall - Monacan High School ($1000 Scholarship)
- Jordan Rainey - Matoaca High School ($1000 Scholarship)
- Albert Tang - Maggie L. Walker Governor's School ($1000 Scholarship)
Past Winners of Chesterfield County Fair Association Scholarships!
- Joyce Li – Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School
- Samantha Tyner – Collegiate School
- Lauren N. Scherrer – Clover Hill High School
- Jonathan Coleman – Matoaca High School
- Grace Davenport – Clover Hill High School
- Heather Moses – Clover Hill High School
- Brooklyn McGrew – Clover Hill High School
- Ivy Fitzgerald – Cosby High School
- Madelin Simmons, Matoaca High School
- Makayla Callender, Thomas Dale High School
- Emma Clark, Thomas Dale High School
- Jackson Holland, Moncan High School
- Sadie Lockett, Moncan High School
- Thomas T. Hall, Matoaca High School
- Paul Cochran, Home Schooled
- Brittany Howle, Appoxmattox Regional Governor’s School for the Arts and Technology
- Nathaniel Haskins, Thomas Dale High School
- Madison Hansen, Math & Science High School at Clover Hill High School
- Madison Scherrer, Thomas Dale High School
- Morgan Andrews, Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School
- Bryce Badura, Math & Science High School at Clover Hill High School
- Morgan Faber, Thomas Dale High School